Here is the short Tutorial on how to create the Taleo Web Service APIs using Eclipse Juno.
Creating the 2 WS clients needed access the Taleo WS API.
Taleo uses Axis to generate their WSLD’s. This can be seen by viewing the WSLD comments. We used Eclipse Juno to generate the WS Clients.
Create 2 new Java Projects
Download the WSLD and save them into the root of their project
- Note: You must right click the WSLD file not the project
- Note: If you do not see “Web Services” in your menu you may have to enable all capabilities: Preferences –> General –> Capabilities : “Enable All” : “OK
- The WebAPI.wsdl will generate a lot more classes since the WSDL Types (Schema) are generated into Java Beans. The DispatcherAPI.wsdl passes Strings so it does not generate any Schema Types.
Create a new source package called ‘test’ for each web service.
Select the ‘IWebAPI.java’ class, right click and create a new “JUnit Case”
- Make sure to change the “source folder” to test
- Check the ‘setUp()’ box
- Check the ‘generate comments’ box because comments are good!
- Click “Next”; NOT “FINISH”
- If you are asked to add Junit 4 to the class path, click OK.
- After clicking “Next” you should be able to select all Test Methods
- Create a new Unit test using Eclipse.
Instantiate the Server in the ‘test/TBEWebAPI.IWebAPITest.setUp()’
Instantiate the ‘test/IWebAPITest.testCreateTask()’ method
Run Junit Test: